The Danville Arc, was founded in 1954 to provide services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and to their families in the Dan River Region of southern Virginia. Danville Arc, celebrating 55 years of service, is a community organization which manages three entities to provide these services: The Hatcher Center, the M. T. Sorrell Home and the White Oak School. All of these services are housed on the campus of Danville Arc located in Blairs, VA.
The mission of Danville Arc are:
1. To promote the general welfare of adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities at home, in the community and in public and private schools.
2. To advise and assist parents and family members in coordinating their efforts and support activities.
3. To stimulate other agencies to provide these services.
4. To serve as an agency of advocacy to collect and disperse information regarding adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
5. To establish, maintain and operate educational, training, and rehabilitation services, programs and facilities.
Support Danville Arc – become a member!
Contributions to Danville Arc, Inc. or any of it’s affiliates are tax deductible.
Danville Arc, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation and derives its support from corporate and individual donations and membership dues.
Chris Wright, Executive Director
Danville Arc, Inc.
7180 US Hwy 29N
Blairs VA 24527